Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Writual

"Writual - this hybrid word came to me some years ago and when I got the cosmic download, I recognized it immediately.
Writing, to me, is a magical process. When we get into the zone, writing as fast as we can, spilling our thoughts on the page, a kind of transformation happens. We forget time, we write beyond our minds, and we tap a deeper wisdom and power.
I’ve felt this myself and have seen it in the hundreds of people I’ve lead in free writing. I set the timer and we write for 10, 15, then 20 minutes. By the end of the 45 minutes the energy in the room is akin to that in a cathedral – hushed, sacred, deeply satisfying and awe-inspiring.
Countless writers have emerged from the writing trance and then claimed they didn’t remember writing what they’ve penned.
This kind of magic does not come through thinking. No. It happens when we rub two sticks together – thinking and words on the page – to create a fire as if from nothing.
Writual is far away from the way of writing that only comes from berating, disciplining, or forcing ourselves to get butt in chair and write. You’re much less likely to avoid your writing if you bring intention and devotion to your practice."
Läs mer i Cynthia Morris´ inspirerande artikel.

No comments: