Sunday, March 13, 2011

Självpublicerad författare som sålt bra


Amanda Hocking berättar om sin väg till att bli självpublicerad författare. Hon säljer bra och här är några av anledningarna, enligt henne:

"-the books are in a popular genre (paranormal romance, vampires)
- the covers are enjoyable
- the price is good ($.99 and $2.99--hon fick nyligen in 10.000 dollar under en månad)
- the writing isn't terrible (although, believe me, some people would argue that point)
- book bloggers recommended it
- accessibility - I'm on Twitter, facebook, goodreads, Amazon, KB. I'm anywhere I can be. I always try to respond to readers, even though most of my responses are lame. I'll spend about an hour replying to fan mail and it only amounts to about 2 sentences that pretty much say thanks. I'm sorry I'm a lame writer-backer."

Hon säger också:
"This is literally years of work you're seeing. And hours and hours of work each day. The amount of time and energy I put into marketing is exhausting. I am continuously overwhelmed by the amount of work I have to do that isn't writing a book. I hardly have time to write anymore, which sucks and terrifies me."

1 comment:

Evalinn said...

Intressant perspektiv!