1. Each day spend 15 minutes reading an author you admire.
2. Each morning take 5 minutes to record any dreams you remember. (Often these reveal images or even sequences you can use in your writing.)
3. Once a day pick out one stranger you can see (out the window or in the coffee shop, for instance) and make up a 60-second story about them.
4. Choose a project you are working on or want to work on and once a day brainstorm for five minutes regarding characters, plot, description, dialogue, or any other aspect. Jot down your ideas and drop them into a folder.
5. When you read something--an article or essay, a book, even an ad--that affects you, take a couple of minutes to consider WHY it is effective. Is it the imagery, the choice of words, the fact that it makes you laugh?
6. Whenever your Inner Critic unreasonably undermines your confidence, replay what it says, but using the voice of Donald Duck.
Läs mer i Jurgen Wolffs blogg.
8 hours ago