Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Romaner som inte blir skrivna

Let's take the example of deciding to write a novel and use a hypothetical friend named Ralph. We ask Ralph to think back to all the times that he has started a writing project but not finished it and list the steps he goes through. They might be:
1. Decide to write a novel.
2. Look through old ideas, brainstorm new ones, pick one.
3. Write for an hour a day for two weeks.
4. Cut back to 3 times a week for two weeks.
5. Start to write irregularly.
6. By March, stop writing. Put manuscript in drawer.

The next step is to see what beliefs are attached to each step. These might be:
1. I am creative and could write a good novel.
2. I have lots of ideas.
3. I can find an hour a day to write.
4. I was overly ambitious but I can write three times a week and still get the novel done.
5. I have too much to do to stick to a regular schedule but I can fit in writing the novel from time to time.
6. I feel overwhelmed and will take a break from writing for a while.

Författarcoachen Jurgen Wolff bloggar om Robert Fritz´bok "Your Life as Art."

No comments: